The Rutland Jewish Center was established in 1906 with six families, increasing to 125 by the time of this publication. The cover serves as an introduction to its evolution, related within its pages by Sandra (Stillman) Gartner.
Ms. Gartner reconstructs the history of the Center and the events that led to its growth and development. These include, among others, the Installation Service of Rabbi Goldberg in 1960; brief histories of key occurrences over the years; personal remembrances by four members; and a listing of the original founders.
Photographs of Marion and Solomon Goldberg; the addition of the Mintzer Memorial Hall; the 1960 Bar Mitzvah of Sam Ravit; and other principal members add additional interest.